Tuesday, March 17, 2009

New Job????

Hello Everyone!

You would think now that I am unemployed I could keep this updated a little more! I guess I'll definitely have to work harder on that!

Yes, it's true....I "may" have a new job! Shortly after I was let go from the MAINEiacs, they announced that they are trying to move the team back to Canada. A few days following the official announcement of their intensions, I received an email from David MacDonald. He is a gentlemen from the New Brunswick area who wants to bring a Junior A team down here to the U.S. After we talked for a bit and he told me of his plans, etc. I agreed to jump on board as the Executive Administrator. Basically the job will be running the operations of the team. Everything from overseeing daily operations of the front office, to working with the coach on all trades, contracts, etc. It sounds like a great opportunity and I am very excited to get going.

Ok, here's the bad part.....NOW the MAINEiacs aren't sure if they're going to be able to leave. The deal they were trying to get to move just outside of Montreal fell through. They are now trying to work out negotiations with the University of New Brunswick to move up there and work in conjunction with the University. I'm not sure that will work as they have a hockey team already in place there and it's doing very well. It's a different league all together, however if you ask me, there's too many cooks in the kitchen if they were to move another team in. I could be wrong because I could see how it might fit but in order for it to work, all parties would have to be on board with it. I hope for everyone's sake it works out the way it should.

Other then that....things are moving along. I've been busy at the Spur doing bookwork and getting caught up on a few things. I have a few projects at home I'm getting ready to tackle. I'm totally ready for mud season to be over and the snow to be gone....and for warm weather to FINALLY get here!!!!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh come on... you are so good... surely you can handle several jobs. Sounds like you are in high demand. I guess you better enjoy your time off while you can.

Darcy said...

OK...time for an update, Dee! I got on Kelly, now I'm getting on you. C'mon...tell all about your new man! ;O)