Friday, December 5, 2008

Setting Up for Christmas

I can't believe Christmas is just around the corner!! Thanksgiving was great and it was nice to see all of the kids enjoying each other. Sunday afternoon all of the kids were over to mom and dad's house and mom decides to dig out the Christmas decorations!! It was fun and the kids had a great time. Sadie and Nicolas made a gingerbread house for the dining room table and Branson, Garrett, Courtney and Kacie helped put together the reindeer.

Back when I was married, my father-in-law made these awesome reindeer out of wood. They are in pieces like a puzzle and they all fit together perfectly. Anyway, I had my father-in-law make a full set of reindeer, along with Rudolph, for my parents one Christmas. It came complete with a sleigh and Santa too. Harlan (my ex father-in-law) has sense past away so we know there will never be any reindeer to replace these….so we try to be EXTRA careful! The sleigh is down at the dance hall being repaired at the moment. Anyway, here are a few random pictures of the kids that afternoon. I think Branson thinks HE’S Santa!! Haha!

I didn't get a picture of Nicholas and Sadie making the gingerbread house....It came out great! I believe I was digging out the train to set up! Nicholas joined in and helped me set that all up too….thanks for helping me Nick!!! :)

After the reindeer are set up
(its a little blury with my camera phone)


Branson and Courntey playing
I believe Courntey is trying to set up one
of the reindeer (notice the rest of the
reindeer are behind the rocking horse) :)


Kacie is showing Kaedon how to use
my laptop. These kids are 3 & 5....NUTS!!

Well done Kacie...he's on his own now!

No comments: